Wednesday, September 1, 2010

A dream happening possibly sooner than later :)

I have played the violin for 10 years and for a while I have always wanted to teach lessons. I'm the type of person that I need to work or I feel useless and since I was about 15 or so I always hoped that when I started having kids I could start teaching lessons on Saturdays.

Well today my friend Janet and I went to lunch and for some reason we started reminiscing about being in symphony. While talking about this I mentioned to her how someday I want to teach lessons. She then asked me, "How would you feel about starting that sooner than later?" It turns out our friend Autumn, who teaches a music class at a charter school and who is Janet's roommate, was recently asked by a mother of one of her students if she would be willing to teach her daughter violin. Autumn has some experience with violin but she doesn't think she has enough to teach someone. That night she asked Janet if she would be interested and Janet said no because even though she loves to play she doesn't like to teach. Janet asked me if I would be interested and I of course said yes! She is going to tell Autumn this and Autumn will tell this lady that she found someone who could teach her kid.

I really hope all of this works out because it would be amazing if I could start doing this. I'll keep you posted if anything happens.

3 comments: