Friday, August 27, 2010

Back to School....

Brandon and I started school this week and we have survived the first week! So far it is pretty good. I am taking math, beginning grammar, advanced grammar, and intermediate poetry. I only have to go to my math class on MWF but on TTh I have to go to all four classes! These days are pretty busy, but already I am getting used to it. I really like all of my English classes, the only issue I have with my grammar classes is my teacher doesn't have a good sense of time and usually keeps about 5 minutes after we are supposed to leave. I don't mind this for beginning grammar because my next class is advanced grammar and since it is the same teacher I don't really have to worry about being late. However, with advanced grammar I mind because between that class and my next one I only have a 40 minute break and that is when I have lunch. With my intermediate poetry class we are reading Macbeth right now and on Sept. 1 I am required to go see the Utah Shakespearean Festival perform it! I am excited for that and Brandon is going to come with me so I don't have to be a loser and sit by myself. With my math class I just grin and bear it, I still don't understand why it needs to be a requirement especially with being an English major. I had my first test today and I actually think it went pretty well.

Brandon this semester is only taking English, Business Law, and Sociology. So far he likes them, but his least favorite class is Business Law. He understands why he needs to take it, but he just doesn't like law.

Well that is it, we are excited for the semester and we are very excited to see everyone next weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Good to hear about how school is going. I'm guessing this means Brandon got into English. I'll be interested in knowing how reading about To Kill a Mockingbird goes.

    ReplyDelete