Wednesday, January 16, 2013

An Overdue Update

Obviously I haven't blogged in a LONG time. I've decided to focus on the main highlights and just do bullet points rather than going on and on and on. Here we go!

Jobs:

Brandon:

- He started with an internship at Paice Tax and Accounting and it turned into a full-time job. He loves working there and tax season just started.

(This is the picture that went on their Christmas card)

Dana:

- I found a job at Deseret Book pretty soon after moving up to Salt Lake City. 
- I love it there!
- I work about 30 hours a week.


Student Teaching:

- The main reason why I never blogged was because I was doing my student teaching at Highland High School.

Go Rams!

- My mentor teachers were Kevin Smith and Becky Blommer.
- I taught two 11th grade classes, two 9th grade classes, and beginning creative writing.
- My favorite unit I taught was Of Mice and Men
- I miss it. :(
- I passed and am now a college graduate!

So What Now?:

Brandon:

- He is applying for the MAcc program at University of Utah and hopes to start fall semester.
- He will continue work at Paice Tax and Accounting while doing the program.

Dana:

- I'm signing up to be a substitute for Salt Lake School District.
- I'll continue working at Deseret Book.
- I'm hoping to start a teaching job in the fall.
- I'm hoping to get a job at Highland High School.
- After a year of teaching I am planning on starting a master's in education (emphasis undecided).





No comments:

Post a Comment