Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Camp Kesem Benefit CD

So a little over a month ago we had a benefit concert for Camp Kesem at SUU. It went really well and after the concert one of the musicians came up to me saying him and some students want to put together a benefit CD and the proceeds would go to us. A couple of weeks later we met with this guy, Lance, and another musician who has a recording studio, Brock. They said they found sixteen students and/or student bands that were interested in the CD. Everyone recorded an original song and today is the release date for the CD.

Now, I'm not saying this next part just because I am co-chair and I do want to raise money for camp: this CD is good. There are a lot of talented artists on this CD and some of them are even my friends. I didn't buy the CD just to support it I bought it because I actually do like it and I know I will listen to it.

Whether or not you go to SUU I think people will like this CD. I encourage all readers to check it out and if you like it, it's only $9.99 for 16 great songs. Once again, all proceeds go to Camp Kesem at SUU. None of these musicians are gaining a profit from this; they are just doing this from the goodness of their hearts.

(P.S. For anyone who saw the original post I am sorry how many times I linked the CD! I feel really tacky...)

No comments:

Post a Comment