Friday, December 30, 2011

New Year's Resolutions

So last year I listed Brandon's and my resolutions for 2011. Let's see how we did:

Dana's:


1. Read at LEAST one new book a month outside of classes. (Nope, I was probably pretty close but reading for classes took up a lot of my time.) 

2. Run a half-marathon in April! (HA! I think I was committed to doing this for like a month.)

3. Don't do drugs. (I did do this one! YAY!)

Brandon's:

1. Do better in classes and at work. (He did accomplish this. Last semester was his best semester so far and he has done well at work and will be starting at H&R Block next week.)

2. Get into better shape and run the St. George marathon. (He did half of this. I think he has gotten into better shape, but he didn't run a marathon.) 

3. Not to commit a hate crime. (As far as I know he did not commit a hate crime.)

Well, maybe this year will be better. Here are my resolutions for 2012:

1. Read 26 books. This means I will read one book every two weeks. I really think this will be doable because I am done with my literature courses.

2. Get into better shape. Basically for this I want to build some muscle and get into a more routined exercise habit.

3. Break some really bad language habits I have:

a. I never say the word "to" so basically a sentence I might say is "I go Montana." Yeah, it is pretty bad...
b. Work on pronouns. I have found that if I am tired or if I am talking about multiple people I mix up pronouns (like I will refer to a guy as a girl). 
c. Stop ending sentence with either "so" or "and such." I keep reminding myself that this now how I should end a sentence. When I am done with a sentence I should just be done and not insert filler words.

3. Do my 60 days for student teaching consecutively. This is an easy one. Basically I need to be at school during a regular school day for 60 days. If I don't miss a day I will be done April 2. I don't plan on missing unless I am deathly ill, but I have started taking airborne and I think that has been helping my immune system.

4. Don't do drugs! (This way I know now that I will keep at least one resolution for sure.)

Brandon's:

1. Get into better shape. 

Happy New Year Everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck. You can do it. An congratulations on keeping a very important resolution for 2011.

    ReplyDelete