Friday, February 18, 2011

Valentine's and Taxes

Brandon was able to have Valentine's Day off this year. We decided to just stay at home and have a nice meal because in Cedar City there aren't really a lot of nice places to eat and the nice places were probably super busy.

We had chicken cordon bleu and for dessert we had a chocolate cake with raspberries. I was really proud of this because I made it from scratch, no cake mix at all! I took a picture of the cake because I was so proud of it:


Even though it isn't the prettiest looking thing, but it was delicious! 

This week we also got our tax return. It was a pretty good sized return (Yay for getting married and not making enough so we don't have to pay taxes!) and we decided to spend a little bit of it to buy something I have always wanted and then put the rest of it into savings.

I know it might be lame but I have always wanted a rocking recliner and this new furniture store just opened and they were having a sale. So we got a recliner for a really good price. It is so comfortable!


And this is me enjoying it:



1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you got the chair. It will be fun to have. Your cake looked delicious. Chocolate and raspberries are such a good combination.

    ReplyDelete