Thursday, October 27, 2011

Camp Kesem

I will warn readers now this is a solicitation, but I would appreciate it if you read it:

This year I have volunteered to help out with a children's camp called Camp Kesem. Camp Kesem is a children's camp for kids who either have/had parents suffering from cancer. The camp is run by college students (only selected universities) and the goal is to allow kids to have some time to just be a kid and to interact with other kids who can relate to how they feel. It is a great opportunity for these kids and I am privileged to be one of the co-chairs so I am helping quite a bit.

Now here comes the solicitation...for our camp to be successful this summer we need to raise at least $20,000; thankfully LiveStrong has offered to help Camp Kesems across the country by saying once an individual college raises $10,000 then they will match that amount. At SUU we are going to be doing a lot of fundraisers but one of the fundraisers is a letter campaign. What each of us are supposed to do is send letters to people we know asking if they might want to donate. I really have never been the type to just bother people without notice and so what I am asking if any readers are interested in donating (or knows someone who is interested) would you please either leave a comment with your address or send me an e-mail to dana.s.savage@gmail.com. I am not asking for large donations (unless you want to), I am planning on donating but we do need more.

Here is some more information on Camp Kesem if you would like to know more about the organization.

Thank you for reading and for any help you might be willing to give!

1 comment: